Service Project

Avalon Beltran, Editor

In October, the National Junior Honors Society is hosting the service project. For this month they have decided to do a Halloween Costume drive to donate to the local charity: A Precious Child Inc. The plan is to have donation boxes around the school for students to put all their old unused costumes in so they can be given to kids with no costumes wanting one for the holidays. If you find any old costumes that you’re willing to donate, bring them into the school between October 4th and October 22nd!

A Precious Child’s core initiatives help build the whole child. “In addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Satellite Resource Centers, we also help children and their families navigate community resources.”

This work is done through our Empowerment Center where our Case Managers provide services to disadvantaged children and families, connecting them with needed resources, services, opportunities, and educational support.

We envision a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community. Unfortunately, there are more than 250,000 children living below the Colorado Self-Sufficiency Standard. A Precious Child serves eight counties surrounding the Denver Metro area, including Arapahoe, Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld.

With your support, A Precious Child is able to provide disadvantaged and displaced children with “Cradle to Career” support to break the cycle of poverty by reducing socioeconomic inequalities through our Economic Mobility Initiatives, which include: Child and Family Advocacy, Family Stability, Academic Success, Social and Emotional Well-Being and Workforce Development.