8th Grade Interview

Olivia DeRose and Mira Capra

As the year is coming to an end, the class of 2021 is nearing their graduation. We asked several 8th grade students to reflect on their years at Flagstaff and what they are looking forward to in high school.

What was your favorite memory from middle school at Flagstaff Academy?

Brooklynn Baum: My favorite memory was the hike at Pingree in 7th grade and the high ropes course.

Audrey Owen: All the fun parties we had (Halloween, end of school, end of track, etc).

Anna DeNicholas: I had an amazing time making all these new friends and going to dances.

Parker Nelson: I liked cross country a lot.

Catherine Omer: My favorite memory from Middle School at Flagstaff was getting to have fun with my friends. 

What was the hardest part about 8th grade?

Brooklynn Baum: The hardest part of 8th is not being able to see my best friend as she is at home.

Audrey Owen: Having to read 15 books by the end of the year.

Anna DeNicholas: The hardest thing in middle school is probably the dress code.

Parker Nelson: Being online.

Catherine Omer: The hardest part of 8th grade was probably all the work.

Do you have any tips for incoming 8th graders?

Brooklynn Baum: Tips that I have for incoming 8th graders is to get your work done fast.

Audrey Owen: Don’t procrastinate on work.

Anna DeNicholas: The only tip I have is just stay on top of homework and turn things in.

Parker Nelson: 8th grade is somewhat harder but don’t stress.

Catherine Omer: My biggest tip for an incoming 8th grader is to get ahead of your work, but to remember that this is your final year at Flagstaff so enjoy it. It goes by fast.

What are you looking forward to in high school?

Brooklynn Baum: I am looking forward to making new friends, going to games, and graduating so I can go to college.

Audrey Owen: Having more freedom, less strict dress code, and making new friends.

Anna DeNicholas: I look forward to going to HoCo and Prom as well as making more friends.

Parker Nelson: Going to a new school.

Catherine Omer: I am really looking forward to getting to know new people and having more opportunities in high school.