Longmont – Red Level

Longmont - Red Level

Avalon Beltran, Reporter

As the cases keep rising and the hospitals are filling up, Colorado is starting to put more and more restrictions. After the county’s Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, La Plata, Logan, Mesa, Morgan, Routt, Summit, and Washington went into level red shutdown. When Longmont City Manager Horald Dominguez told the City Council this on the 10th of November, they decided to hold a meeting. In the meeting the discussed the impact of the new rules and restrictions would have on possible necessary changes to and availability of city recreational facilities. 

The council had no questions during the meeting. Then later voted unanimously to adopt a resolution supporting state and local public health agencies’ efforts and guidelines for reducing exposure to, and preventing the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. The new regulations were needed until the cases decreased.  

The regulations urged the citizens to:

• “Interact with only those in your household. This means all Coloradans need to do their best to avoid any social interactions with friends and family outside of their homes throughout the month of November.”
  •  “Keep your distance. Just because a person is wearing a mask does not mean that they are not at risk if they interact with other close people. Coloradans have to do a better job staying six feet or more away from others. “.
  • “Wear a mask. The numbers are clear. If a person wears a mask, they have a much lower risk of contracting or transmitting the virus.”

Schools have also been changed on the Red Level, in-person learning is suggested for students between preschool and fifth grade. Middle and high school students are encouraged to learn remotely or in a hybrid environment.

Credits

https://www.dailycamera.com/2020/11/17/longmont-city-council-urges-residents-to-protect-selves-others-against-covid-19-spread/ 

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/11/17/covid-colorado-counties-level-red/